Impossible Foods makes meat, dairy and fish from plants. In 2016, it launched its first product, the Impossible™ Burger. It’s delicious, nutritious, and made using but a small fraction of the land, water and energy required to make meat from a cow.
When Impossible wanted to introduce the Chicagoland and Midwest market to its flagship plant-based product — the Impossible™ Burger — it turned to ParadigmNEXT for a creative activation.
The team put together a fun and engaging event supported by street marketing and word-of-mouth awareness that underpinned a more formal strategy that targeted hospitality media and food and beverage influencers.
The unique pop-up experience announced the arrival of the Impossible Burger with an imaginative premise that harps on Chicago’s speakeasy fascination, but in burger form: as a “Meateasy.”
Through creative storytelling, the product was well positioned among foodies throughout a meat-loving town who were seeking out the Impossible Burger.
ParadigmNEXT provided comprehensive event planning and promotional support to bring the Meateasy event to life, hidden behind a fake butcher shop facade — and the experience went far beyond a single, secret venue. In addition to the evening event, the team kicked off activations all over the city:
- Wild postings across town with creative copywriting and imagery
- Old fashioned delivery boys passing out newspapers on select street corners with information on the location of and secret passcode for the Meateasy
- A variety of online videos and other content debuting across social media
- Meateasy servers passing out membership cards, pins and other branded items
- Hamburger-hiding hats disguised as stylish headwear, allowing patrons to sneak their Impossible Burger around the city